What do you want to get done in 2014?
Have a big project that needs a boost? Are you willing to try a different approach to getting it done?
Each year, we run a free New Year’s Resolution experimental program to give people a boost on projects that matter to them.
For 2014, we’re working with Lee Zlotoff, creator of the TV-show MacGyver (a hit TV show about a resourceful problem solving hero that ran in the ’80′s and ’90′s and still inspires fans today). Participants will try the method he used to create the series – an approach designed to increase creativity and productivity - on their own project from 20-25 Jan 2014. Space is limited. Sign up below.
- Time and project commitment: Do you have a problem solving project and 5 hr/day for a week at work or at home? This can be a personal project or at the office, but you need to be able to focus on it for a week.
- Dates: From 20 – 25 Jan 2014
- Location: Anywhere (lessons can be via Skype, calls will involve Boston, LA and likely other time zones)
- Cost: Free to committed people
- Rough schedule:
- First day: Morning (8-12AM PST) methodology lesson explains the process for the week
- Other days: After a short morning call, the rest of the time is on your own, evening Q&A available
- Guidelines for choosing an appropriate project:
- It should require creative problem solving (is not an analytical problem with a single known answer)
- It should be ambitious but feasible in a week
- It can be individual or group (if group, all members need to be committed)
- Examples of projects that would fit well (not exhaustive) – research, creative writing, journalism, video, startups/entrepreneurship, music, student theses, art, design, engineering, architecture, law, etc.
Sign up here
(you’ll need to describe your project – don’t worry about ‘right’ answers; it is more for you to think through the structure of your project).